Monitoring and control of LV networks - WG 2019-5
MONITORING AND CONTROL OF LV NETWORKS
LV networks have emerged as networks of significant importance in the architecture adopted for the implementation of the concept of smart grids for the following reasons:
- network automation and contrai functions expand and increasingly caver LV networks;
- in some advanced metering infrastructures architecture options, LV networks become a key level of management of the system;
- LV systems emerge as active agents in the management of voltage and the balancing of generation and demand;
- LV networks management will play a major raie in the implementation of energy communities and microgrids.
LV network automation is made possible by the implementation of many new features: circuitbreakers with electronic protection unit, measurements and communication, signalling from circuit-breakers/protection in case of fault, motorized circuit-breakers or switches, remote contrai of circuit-breakers, advanced protections, utilization of fault data for fault location, utilization of smart meter data and infrastructure, ...
The working group will investigate:
- real-time remote availability of the information on the status of the network (including fault location);
- real-time remote availability of the values of the electrical parameters (current and/or voltage);
- smart switches, breakers and sensors for LV network;
- new MV/LV interface solutions;
- automatic and remote network reconfiguration capability;
- flexibility of distributed resources from LV clients .
Alvarez-Hérault Marie-Cécile, Grenoble University, France
Madureira André, INESC TEC, Portugal